CGMC through the Cluster has long supported the innovation and growth of competitiveness of enterprises of engineering and related disciplines , through implementation of technological and process innovation , systematic training , development of cooperation with research and development institutions and strengthening interdisciplinary ties competent to engineering.
CGMC for members of the cluster creates information base of technical and information background, which provides favorable conditions for business development and innovation activities coordinated network of participating companies. To achieve its objectives, provides CGMC for the members joint projects and individual services for individual members of the cluster following three basic activities:
- Providing development infrastructure – CGMC ‘s 7 shared service centers, equipped with specialized manufacturing, development and testing machines/facilities that currently provide development services not only for members of the cluster, but also for other engineering companies. These services and facilitating the cooperation of experts from the partner universities to solve specific innovation projects cluster members .
- Collective research and development – CGMC implemented in cooperation with partner universities and R&D partners, joint industrial research projects.
- Consultancy in the field of entrepreneurship and innovation – CGMC acts as an intermediary between academia and business. Based on the long-term cluster cooperation has detailed knowledge of both the needs of engineering companies and the possibilities of partner universities and other supporting organizations . This knowledge is applied in mediating the cooperation of experts and specialists in joint cluster and individual Member innovative projects.
The main outputs of the current activities of the Cluster of general machinering:
- Know-how of the cluster – a set of technical solutions of innovation products and technologies in the fields of interest of the cluster, ie . especially in engineering technology, automation, equipment for energy measurement. The basic principles implemented innovation strategy cluster are:
- eficiency of internal resources utilization via systematic and long term CGMC members and partners cooperation.
- interdsiciplinary approach to delvelopment as a path to inovations of a higher level. Integration of mechanical engineering with metallurgy, plastic industry, electrical engineering and informatics and other correlative fields.
- cooperation and internationalization with science-research sphere, crucial business and social partners.
- Knowledge Base of the cluster – a common set of data, information and knowledges, which serves as a source of current information and innovation incentives
- Shared services center – cluster’s expertise centers equipped with specialized manufacturing, development and testing machines/facilities that currently provide development services not only for members of the cluster, but also for other engineering companies. Among the services include facilitating the cooperation of experts from the partner universities to solve specific innovation projects. Recently was expanded existing development infrastructure of the SSC:
- Measurement and Testing Center – provides services in the field of electrical engineering and metrology.
- Simulation and Diagnostic Center – provides simulation and modeling real-world automation of manufacturing processes.
- The Centre for Applied Automation – application components modular automation system.
- Rehearsal flow meters – provides the development and testing of flow measuring instruments and test equipment for meters.
The project entitled “Rozvoj Klastru obecného strojírenství ” was implemented within OPPI program Cooperation – Clusters II. in the period March 2012 – December 2014. The project was completed.
The project entitled “Klastr obecného strojírenství ” was implemented within OPPI program Cooperation – Clusters I. in the period March 2009 – February 2012. The project was completed.
Currently, the „Cluster of engineering Collective research“ project is beeing realized.
The research and development of automation elements and technologies as a part of module automation system. The collective research is primarily focused on manufacturing processes automation in selected fileds of manufacturing industry (engineering, printing, fields with laboratory environment requirements).
The „Cluster of engineering Collective research“ project is co-financed form European Union funds, that is under the OPPIK, Cooperation program – Clusters – 1st call.